Who we are
Treevive contributes to the expansion and protection of tropical forest landscapes and the increase in much needed finance for this. Despite their enormous potential to mitigate climate change and halt biodiversity loss, tropical forest landscapes are still underfunded and undervalued.
Treevive is an impact-driven company that aims to conserve, restore, and sustainably manage two million hectares of tropical forest landscapes by 2030. We close the gap between tropical forest landscape projects in need of financial solutions and investors that seek high-quality, bankable projects for their biodiversity and carbon commitments. We support project owners with funding and technical assistance to accelerate the development of the carbon asset of their project.
We market the results of these projects – including its biodiversity and local community’s benefits – by offering companies that want to offset their unavoidable CO₂ emissions high quality forest carbon credits. Treevive acts as a revolving structure; the generated profits flow forward to fund new forest projects.
We contribute to the acceleration of private sector climate finance for the long-term conservation, restoration and sustainable management of tropical forest landscapes that deliver multiple social and environmental impacts. To do so we bring together seed capital and skills to transform ideas into investment-ready tropical forest landscape projects. These projects have access to investment capital and the international market for carbon credits.
Our values are our biggest asset. These five guiding values translates in high-quality, transparent and trustful services and agreements to obtain the best value for our clients and stakeholders. Together we take the initiative and decisive action to stand up and work for a greener and healthier planet.
Meet our team
Treevive’s core team consists of experts with a passion for forest conservation in the fight against climate change. We are impact-driven and well-qualified professionals with many years of experience in different working fields.
We are supported by the broader Form International organization. A great team of passionate and dedicated professionals with entrepreneurial experience and spirit. This team contains highly qualified forest, carbon, ESG, finance and legal expertise with global experience.
Additionally we work together with our partners and a wide pool of international experts.
Why join us
Our experience and skills
- Treevive is powered by Form International. Together we build on 30 years of hands-on expertise in the development, investment and implementation of forest landscape projects in tropical regions in Africa, Latin America and Asia. These include afforestation, reforestation and revegetation (ARR), Improved Forest Management (IFM), REDD+ and agroforestry.
- Form International is experienced in the development and certification of forest carbon projects and delivers a wide range of forest expertise.
Our drivers and business model
- All Treevive staff members have a strong track record in sustainable forest management and/or corporate sustainability. We are all intrinsically motivated to achieve our mission.
- Our business model is transparent and fair; The vast majority of the generated revenues flow to the forest owner and local communities via a revenue share model.
- Treevive is set up as a revolving structure; our earnings flow forward to finance new projects.
Our relentless strive for lasting impact
- Because of our focus on long-lasting impact, we strive for the highest quality in everything we do. This means we apply strict quality and integrity standards to ensure strong climate, community and biodiversity benefits in compliance with international agreements, carbon and forestry certification standards and ESG requirements.
- It also means we only engage with high-quality carbon buyers: companies that are ambitiously and transparently reducing their GHG-emissions in line with the Paris Agreement, and only use offsetting to mitigate their currently unavoidable emissions. And as natural climate solutions are by nature long-term, this is also how we see our relationships and commitments.
We are committed to driving positive change and maintaining transparency as we navigate the journey of creating impact. Acknowledging the time it takes for the substantial outcomes of our initiatives to fully materialize, we understand the challenge of providing immediate results. To keep you informed about the progress we’re making towards achieving impact, we are pleased to present the first Treevive progress report. We trust that this report will not only inform you but also serve as a source of inspiration, and prompt you to (further) action.